About a week ago we issued an updated stable release of Orange, version 3.3.1. We’ve introduced some new functionalities and improved a few old ones.
Here’s what’s new in this release:
1. New widgets: Distance Matrix for visualizing distance measures in a matrix, Distance Transformation for normalization and inversion of distance matrix, Save Distance Matrix and Distance File for saving and loading distances. Last week we also mentioned a really amazing Silhouette Plot, which helps you visually assess cluster quality.
2. Orange can now read datetime variables in its Time Variable format.
3. Rank outputs scores for each scoring method.
4. Report function had been added to Linear Regression, Univariate Regression, Stochastic Gradient Descent and Distance Transformation widgets.
5. FCBF algorithm has been added to Rank for feature scoring and ReliefF now supports missing target values.
6. Graphs in Classification Tree Viewer can be saved in .dot format.
You can view the entire changelog here. 🙂 Enjoy the improvements!